Well the official club launch has been and Sundance is floating, well at least I hope she is! It all went fine, a slight dribble from the raw water inlet hose but noting an extra turn on the hose clamp didn’t sort. I changed the sterngland over the winter so it was a relief not to see any water coming in through the shaft!
The winter jobs list grows and grows and launch time is just around the corner so I’ve had to get the red pen out and prioritise what needs to be done.
I’ve had the last week off work, originally to sail a friends boat around from Cardiff to Plymouth but that fell through. Although it would have been a fantastic opportunity and experience I’m quite glad as it’s given me a few days to knuckle down and get to work. The plan was to have Sunday, Monday and Tuesday at the boat, Wednesday at home and Thursday and the weekend in Plymouth where we had booked a cottage Lou to meet me after the now cancelled sail round.
The last blog post I mentioned I was allocated my permanent mooring but it might not be there, well if it was I couldn’t find it. I had an inkling it wasnt, I heard the person that was given it last year didn’t go on it and used a loan mooring as he couldn’t afford, didn’t want to or didn’t have the time to put a new one in. Not that I’m complaining! I wasn’t expecting to find a pile of rope on the bank but I had to look.
We’re making progress… as I mentioned before it was the mooring meeting at the club last Wednesday so I had booked half a day off work to get down before it started and try to get a few more jobs ticked off the list. A quick blast down and I was at the club, well I’m not sure you can blast anywhere in a 1.5 NA diesel car but I got there.
First thing on the list was to try out the improvised puller I made to draw in the cutlass bearing.