- Meat of your choice, Chicken and Pork works really well. You could use your own caught fish but add it 4-5 minutes before the rice is cooked.
- 2 Medium/Large Onions (Sliced)
- 1 Yellow Pepper (Sliced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Sliced)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 2 tsb Paprika
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 6 tbsp Worcester Sauce
- 4 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 pints of Hot Water
- 1 Veg Stock Cubes
- 250g Washed Rice
- Lightly cook the onion and garlic with a glug of oil in large pan till the onions soften and the garlic smells sweet.
- Add the powdered ingredents and mix together, immediately add the soy and Worcester sauce.
- Add the two pints of stock, the tomato puree peppers and whichever meat you choose.
- Bring to the boil for 10 minutes and then simmer for another 30 minutes to cook the meat.
- We like to add the rice to the pot and let it cook and soak up the sauce, you may need to add some more water but keep and eye on it, once the rice it cooked serve.
I’ve not done it with fish yet before but if you were I would suggest instead of adding the fish in step 3 add the rice and cook till the rice is nearly slighly hard in the middle then add large chunks of fish at this point so they don’t break up. Or cook the rice separately in the stock and don’t cook the bbq sauce for so long.